1892 - The First Business on 14th Street Dock
The 14th Street Dock was Everett's first man-made structure on the site that would become in the 21st century, the largest public recreational marina on t he West Coast. The first business on 14th Street Dock was a sawmill at the west end owned by the Everett Land Company. The mill had the capacity to produce 25,000 feet of lumber in a 10-hour shift. A few weeks later, the Neff and Mish Shingle Mill was constructed on the north side of the wharf and producing up to 250,000 shingles per day.