1913 - Jamison Mill Company Opens
Jamison Mill Company opened on the north waterfront in 1913, and by 1926 the company was producing 1.25 million shingles per day. In 1928, the mill was crippled by a fire, a common problem in the mills. However, the company rebuilt, and established its dominance by 1954. Jamison was part of Everett’s shingle industry that produced 25 million bundles of shingles that year.