Everett Waterfront Special Features

  • Jetty Island

    In 1895, the Everett Land Company began constructing Jetty Island to make a fresh water harbor to support their mills.

  • The Weyerhaeuser Building

    An icon of the Everett waterfront, the Weyerhaeuser Office Building’s ornate Gothic-style structure was erected in 1923 at the company’s first Everett plant.

  • The Equator

    This historic vessel on display at the southwest corner of Craftsman Way and 10th Street once carried famous author Robert Louis Stevenson on South Pacific voyages.

  • The Stairs

    The wooden stairs that ran from the bluff top to the bayfront were not technically in the North Waterfront, but they merit mention because of their importance to the area. No written record shows when the stairs were built, but there is little question that their main function was to give the employees of bayfront companies a way to get to and from work.

  • Charles Jordan Marine Park

    In 1970, Richard Haag, an internationally known landscape architect, completed the design for a Marina Park at the 14th Street marina. Located on the south side of 13th Street near the west end of the 14th Street fill, the park was to be a haven for non-boaters.

  • Fires and Fire Fighting

    The North Waterfront has had no major fires for more than four decades. In the earlier years, however, there were truly spectacular blazes. Fires at Jamsion Lumber and Shingle Company in 1928, Clough-Hartley Shingle Mill in 1937, Pilchuck Shingle and Jamison, again, in 1967, were among the most damaging.

  • Surf II

    The distinctive steel sculpture, located just south of the Port of Everett Boat Launch, was Everett’s first piece of public art when it was formally dedicated on July 8, 1976. However, Surf II was initially installed on the east side of Colby Avenue close to California Street in downtown Everett.

The Everett Waterfront 2013