Railroads have played an important role in the transport of goods to and from Everett’s waterfront industries.
This train with 40 boxcars of Neff and Mish shingles was the first to leave Everett for eastern markets in 1893.
In 1915 a trestle ran the length of the north waterfront. Today it is West Marine View Drive, and the railroad remains to the east.
This circa 1965 photo is indicative of the cargo trains that passed through the Port of Everett’s terminals.
© 2019 Port of Everett
P.O. Box 538, Everett, WA 98206